Saudi Aramco chief warns attacks may continue without international response

  • Oct 09, 2019
  • Al Arabiya

Attacks such as the one on Saudi oil facilities which last month sent oil prices up by as much 20 percent may continue if there is no concerted international response, Saudi Aramco's Chief Executive Amin Nasser said on Wednesday.

“An absence of international resolve to take concrete action may embolden the attackers and indeed put the world's energy security at greater risk,” he told the Oil & Money conference in London in rare political comments.

He added Aramco was on track to regain its maximum oil production capacity of 12 million barrels per day by the end of November.

Attacks on Saudi oil facilities have had no impact on Saudi Aramco’s position ahead of a planned partial stock market listing, Nasser said.

Production for October stood at 9.9 million barrels per day (bpd), he said. Aramco is on track to regain its maximum oil production capacity of 12 million bpd by the end of November, he added.