Read the latest news and press releases on seismic activities, trends, and projects in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Georgia House panel passes resolution opposing offshore drilling
Saudi Aramco to use autonomous subsea seismic acquisition fleet for Red Sea exploration
- Mar 21
- Saudi Aramco
- Links Between Fracking, Earthquakes Remain Elusive, Canadian Report Finds
MacArtney Equips North Sea Cable Layer
- Mar 21
- PGS Announces New Large-Scale 2D MultiClient Project
EMGS receives Letter of Intent
- Mar 23
- Seismic survey gets underway
- Sercel extends boundaries of well exploration with SigmaWave, its first DAS seismic solution
- Sercel Extends Boundaries of Well Exploration with SigmaWave, its First DAS Seismic Solution
- Sercel Optimizes Vibroseis Productivity with Launch of Vibrator Auto-Guidance
Seismic News & Press Releases from the Oil & Gas Industry
Seismic activities are carried out for the oil and gas industry for both onshore and offshore fields. Seismic surveys are vital to the upstream sector as they determine the likelihood of exploration opportunities. A seismic wave is sent into the earth where the potential reserve is located. It reflects on the subsurface formations and returns to surface. Previously only in 2D, recent advancements in technology allows for 3D seismic data and even 4D seismic in some cases. Seismic surveys consist of data acquisition, processing, analysis and interpretation phases.
Start reading what interests you from over 4,000 trusted sources.