Transocean Ltd. issued a quarterly Fleet Status Report that provides the current status of, and contract information for, the company’s fleet of offshore drilling rigs. Since its last report Transocean added approximately $373 million in contract backlog, bringing total backlog to $12.1 billion.
This quarter’s report includes the following new contracts:
- Development Driller III – Customer exercised a six-month option offshore Equatorial Guinea;
- Leiv Eriksson – Customer exercised a one-well option in the Norwegian North Sea;
- Ocean Rig Poseidon – Customer exercised two one-well options offshore Angola;
- Transocean Leader – Awarded a one-well contract offshore U.K. North Sea;
- Ocean Rig Mykonos – Awarded a 550-day contract plus an option period of 815 days offshore Brazil;
- Ocean Rig Corcovado – Awarded a 629-day contract plus an option period of 680 days offshore Brazil;
- Deepwater Nautilus – Awarded a six-well contract offshore Malaysia; and
- Deepwater Asgard – Awarded a two-well contract in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.