LONDON, Aug. 21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Analysis by Application (Offshore and Onshore), by Component (Hardware and Software), by Type (Simple and Complex), by Function (Surface Control System, Downhole Monitoring & Control System and Communication System), Company and Country Analysis and Forecasts
• Intelligent completion is a technology, which employs permanent downhole sensors and surface-controlled downhole flow control valves, which enable evaluate, monitor and actively manage production (or injection) in real time without any well interventions.
• This technology facilitates surface-controlled production from each zone or lateral to optimize production and reservoir management, and also decreases production of undesirable gas or water.
• Intelligent completion technology was initially used in subsea wells. This technology has proven their value in managing production from horizontal wells with multiple zones, wells in heterogeneous reservoirs, mature reservoirs and multilateral wells.
• In December 2018, a global completion systems and service provider to oil and gas companies launched a new technology, FloFuse to enhance oil recovery.
• The objective of this technology is to increase oil recovery by improving injected water conformance in fractured reservoirs or by ensuring the effective placement of matrix stimulation acids.